EMS Chief: Caroline County Department of Emergency Services
The Department: The Department of Emergency Services is responsible for providing advanced Emergency Medical Services (EMS), emergency planning and coordination for County government, and emergency communications, including 911 dispatch, police communications for the Sheriff’s Office and four town police departments, and fire and rescue communications for eight volunteer fire companies and the county EMS responders.
About the Position: This position is located in the Department of Emergency Services (DES). The incumbent is supervised and receives guidance from the Director of Emergency Services. The position shall serve as the chief operations manager of the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Division of the Department of Emergency Services. Incumbent serves as senior staff to DES and is part of the DES senior management team; the incumbent oversees the delivery of a countywide EMS system.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- A thorough knowledge of the EMS principles, practices, methods, techniques, and equipment.
- Ability to decide what to do in stressful situations; to quickly analyze facts, evaluate situations, draw conclusions, plan work, take action; to plan, develop, direct, train, supervise and evaluate the work of EMS personnel.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, peers, subordinates, and the public; fire departments, MIEMSS and hospitals in the surrounding area.
- Establish and maintain appropriate record keeping system; prepare reports.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and oral form.
Education and License/Training Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Allied Health, Business Administration, or related field AND three (3) years as an EMT-P in the field of 24/7 operations in the area of emergency services to include two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- An equivalent combination of acceptable education and work experience equal to eight (8) years, which has provided the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the position.
Upon an employment offer, applicants must submit to a substance abuse test and complete criminal background check. EOE
Annual Salary: $71,671- $89,607 Depending upon experience
Deadline to Apply: February 25, 2021
Interviews will take place on Wednesday March 17, 2021
How to Apply: Submit completed applications to: Caroline County Office of Human Resources, 602 Crystal Avenue, Denton, Maryland 21629. Call 410.479.4105 to receive an application by fax or email. Applications can also be downloaded by http://www.carolinemd.org/DocumentCenter/View/1801. Save and complete application and email to: email@example.com